Brittney Timberlake

Brittney Timberlake

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Answering The Call

Well hello there! First off, thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I am so excited to be sharing my first post with you! I want to give you some background of my life and tell you where I feel God is leading me.
My full name is Brittney Marie Timberlake, which was given to me by my mother, Tamara  and my father David, on December 23, 1992. I have five sisters, three of them are dogs and the other two are human. My family and friends are my rock and I would not be here without their love and support. I graduated from Jay M. Robinson High School on June 10, 2011. In the fall of 2011, I started off at Pfeiffer University playing softball. That lasted about a month! I heard a call from God to put away my bat and glove for a while and really focus in on missions. So I did just that. I began praying for God to lead me where He wanted me to go. It took roughly seven months for me to hear the call to Belize. I was talking to a friend about YWAM and came upon the link for YWAM Destination Paradise. As I gathered more information about YWAM DP, I became very nervous. I realized I would be away from home for five months, miss lots of birthdays, a few major holidays, and need to raise approximately $8000. Without God's encouragement I would have never committed to all of this! But, since it is His will, I knew He would provide peace, comfort, and support. He has done exactly that! In a matter of six weeks I have raised $3521 and I still have 11 weeks until I leave!! God has literally doubled my money before my eyes! I have received an overwhelming amount of support from my friends and family! Also, I have been given the blessing of working with my dad cleaning rental houses, an unflattering job, but it pays nonetheless. I am also working in his office as a secretary, so, me and him are getting some quality father daughter time in! Today I met with Pastor Robert, our missions pastor at The Refuge. It was a great blessing. He was very encouraging. He offered me a free photo shoot and 1000 free touch cards to send out to people. So keep an eye out for some touch cards coming in the mail within the next few weeks! I am just so unbelievably blessed! God has put some amazing people in my life!! I am very excited to have this blog to keep you all updated!! Thank you again for your support and prayers! I love you all!!
-Brittney
Mark 16:15