Brittney Timberlake

Brittney Timberlake

Monday, September 23, 2013

An End and A Beginning

Hello everyone, and thank you for checking out what God is doing here in Belize through you and I!

Well the July DTS has officially ended, but not before God brought healing and restoration to our students. They each left with a new sense of living life with God. It was so awesome seeing the difference from when they stepped onto our dock July 2nd and when they stepped off our dock on September 19th. It makes everything we do here worth it.

I can even tell how much I've grown in this short amount of time. It never ceases to amaze me how much God cares and truly wants the best for us. I know I always want to be a learner. During this school I was given a lot of opportunities to step up and be a leader. My favorite challenge was teaching a day during our staff teaching week. When I first found out I would be teaching I was nervous because I had no clue what I was going to do. As I sought the Lord, He told me to teach on relationships. I'm not going to lie, I argued a bit with Him and wasn't too stoked on doing it, but once I started digging in and seeking Him in this topic I realized how important relationships are. They are the very reason He created us, to in relationship with Him. I taught for 3 hours on this topic and I loved every minute of it. The students were awesome in feedback and really paying attention which made for some great discussions!

Looking back over the past three months, I think my favorite thing was seeing the students come to life. They beamed with joy and confidence as they left for outreach knowing they could do anything as long as they stay focused on God.
Ministry in the park (Balloon animals)

Team work

More balloon animals

A helping hand is always nice

Taking on some locals in 1 on however many kids!

3 on 3... I think

Helping out at a school

July 2013 DTS leaving for Sri Lanka and Guatemala


The September DTS is just around the corner. It starts a week from today which is very exciting! Right now staff have about a five day break before our staff training for the September school starts. It's a time to relax and enjoy each other's company before gearing up again for an amazing time! For the September school I will be a small group leader again as well as overseeing hospitality. I am super pumped because I know God has great plans for the students of this school and I can't wait to see the freedom and truth He is going to bring them during this time!

Thank you for all of your prayers and support I know I couldn't do this without you!

Brittney
2 Corinthians 5:17