Brittney Timberlake

Brittney Timberlake

Sunday, November 24, 2013

I'm Still Alive!!

Wow I hadn't realized a month has already flown by without me giving an update on all of the awesome things happening here in Belize!

Where to start? I have absolutely fallen in love with this school. The students are amazing. Ever since the first day I believe their heart's cry has been to go deeper with God and they have! It always amazes me how much each student changes during the course of lecture phase. They come in excited, nervous, anxious, numb and leave bold, confident, courageous, and alive! I have been so blessed to walk through this season of life with all 30 of them!
This photo represents 35 unique individuals from 7 different countries (USA, Canada, Switzerland, England, Norway, Sweden Austria) from all different backgrounds and family environments coming together as one to know God and make Him known. (Front row from left to right: Ally {staff}, Vange, Naomi, Eva-Maria, Michaela, Brenda Lewis {Week 3 speaker}, Garret, Shanaya, Andrea, Ruth, Amber, Allie, Me.
Second row left to right: Jennifer, Katie, Francis, Taylor, Ashley, Will, Lara, Jaymie, Heidi, Bethany, Evelina. Back row left to right: Kaitlyn, Zoe {Staff} Joshua {staff} Colleen, John-Mark, Tyson, Luke, Nate, Frederick, Erik, Josh. Staff not pictured: Jaci, Israel, Heather, Alyssa, Jeremy) 

Tiffany, our week 7 speaker, taught us 5 promises of God. In one of her exercises she asked us to write who we used to be on the red side and then to write who we are in Christ on the white side. Here are 30 students who have found their identity in Christ!

Our week 5 speaker, Chris Failla, taught on the Father Heart of God. It was an exciting, stretching week of relearning things about God's heart and how much He actually loves and cares about us! For this week I felt like God was asking me to take my small group girls on a "date."

After raining for three weeks straight (Not just a light rain, but pouring rain) the sun finally came out for our ministry week which was good! The students were able to have a jammed pack week of serving the community and sharing God's love! Some things included going to a school and working with the kids, helping out around our campus, building a road for a school in the process of being built, a scavenger hunt and a prayer walk, all of which our students poured their whole heart and souls into doing and did it all with a heart for the people they came into contact with. It was so great to see! Here are some pictures of them during ministry week! 




I want to thank all of you who have joined with me and made it possible for me to be here doing life with these amazing people! These past two months have been a huge blessing and I know I would not be here if it weren't for your continuous prayers and support! You are making an impact and you are a huge part of changing lives here!!
We are heading into week 9 which means we only have 3 more weeks together before they head out to Guatemala, Peru, and Singapore! I am looking forward to seeing God continue to move in all of our lives during these last three weeks! 
Thank you again for everything!

Brittney